.

.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas project: Day 1

Day 1 of our Christmas crafts. I'm going to try to do a craft a day with the kids through Christmas (excluding weekends - way too busy already!) I know this is pretty lofty, but hopefully it will work out and we'll all have lots of fun! Today we are making little santa charts to count up to the days of Christmas. Each day, the boys will add a puff to his beard until he has a full beard and it's Christmas! I got the idea from Pinterest. Love that site!

Starting to glue the hat

I gave the boys their first candy canes (ever!) while we worked on the craft. Obviously I didn't think this through. So we had to stop and wash up a few times throughout and Henry's Santa turned out pretty sticky and blue. Oh well, at least we know which one is his!

Sticky Blue boy!

He was so upset by being sticky from the candy cane, then the glue stick that he wanted nothing to do with putting the puff on Santa's beard. He does not like dirty hands!

Yep, even Henry got to use the glue stick. Then I had to wash the table, but hey, he had fun!

So this is a series of all the same photos, but I thought the progression was hilarious. I would get one kid looking, then the other, then a Santa in front of the face, then one would think we were done and bolt. I think somewhere in here, you get the idea of the craft!!

"Henry, say cheese!"

"Wait, now Jonah say cheese!"

And now Henry peels out. He was done with the whole thing. But he was a pretty good sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment