.

.

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Getting in the holiday mode

 Christmas is always my favorite time of the year but the fun is multiplied by millions when you get to celebrate with your kiddos! Each year gets more fun as the boys are catching on and understanding what Christmas is. This year I wanted to have the kids make count down strips to do during the month of December. It's fun to incorporate the holidays in with school and this was a great way to get some math in! Of course, Lucy wanted in on the action too. So she made her own count down chain with Daddy's help!


 Even though Halloween is long gone, Lucy still loves those pumpkins! I think she just remembers how fun it was to dress up and get candy from random strangers.

 On another day, the boys decorated these cute gingerbread men. We usually do a house, but it ends up just being me decorating it, since the icing is too hard for the boys to master. This way, I could just outline with the icing and the boys could cover with candy. Fun and easy!



 Jonah and Dan ate them throughout the week. Eww.

 Tree decorating - MY FAVORITE!!! This year was more tricky then the last because Lucy wanted to "help" by breaking all the breakable ornaments. Seriously. I think I lost several this year. Oh well. It was also a bit of a battle making sure the ornament hooks didn't end up on the floor and impaled in someone's foot. Good times.


 Who can say "No" to this face?



 Not sure what Henry's doing. Oops.

 After we decorated the tree, we had Grinchy drinks and Grinch cookies while we watched..... wait for it..... How the Grinch Stole Christmas!!! It  was fun but no one liked my creepy green cookies. I guess I can't blame them and should be happy that they question green cookies. I'll figure something else out for next year. Jonah asked if we could do this every year. Not sure if it's because he liked the movie and the tradition, or just the opportunity to drink soda. Either way, I'll take it!!!


  See my cute cookies? Green with a candy heart. Very appropriate!



 Henry didn't even want the green drink. Just water. He likes to live on the wild side.


No comments:

Post a Comment